Rights and links
The copyrights for all text, illustrations, logos, photographs, videos, software and other information posted on this website are held by the Tokyo Fire Department or the original authors/creators.
The information on this website may not be reproduced or converted without authorization except where permitted under copyright law for such purposes as “reproduction for private use” and “citation”. When using information from this website, please clearly credit “Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center, Life Safety Learning Center, Tokyo Fire Department” and keep the information in its original form without alteration.
Links to this website may in principle be freely posted, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes. However, please refrain from posting links that correspond or could correspond to any of the following:
- Links including content that libels, or is intended to undermine the credibility of, the Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center or other companies, individuals or groups
- Links that infringe or could infringe on the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights, or the property, privacy, portrait or other rights of the Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center or other companies, individuals or groups
- Links opening this website in a window in a way that does not make it clear that the content belongs to the Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center and could thereby create misunderstandings among third parties
- Links constituting behavior that violates laws, ordinances, regulations or other rules or public order and standard decency, or behavior that obstructs operation of this website in ways other than the aforementioned items
- Links attached without authorization to a logo and other mark owned by the Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center
- Links formatted in a way that causes users to misidentify the source of the information being disseminated
Please note that this website’s URL may be changed without notice, and that the Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center will not in any way be liable for compensation, complaints, etc., pertaining to links.
Recommended browsing environment
We recommend that one of the following browsers be used to view this website more securely and comfortably.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Firefox (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
Cookies record on users’ computers information sent to the users’ browsers from the servers connected with the operation of this website. However, no information that can be used to identify individuals, including visitors’ names, addresses and telephone numbers, is included in the recorded information.
Cookies do not have direct adverse effects on users’ computers.
Cookies from third-party outsourcees may also be used to ascertain the access status of individual pages on the website.
Users may change their browser settings to block cookies, and this will not significantly impair browsing of this website.
Please consult the help desk for the software you are using or contact the browser creator for more information on how to change your browser settings.
This website has been made compatible with AOSSL (Always On SSL) to bolster website security.
The use of AOSSL means that the website may at times not be accessible from older versions of browsers.
We recommend you use the latest version of your browser of choice.
Adobe Reader from Adobe Systems is needed to view files in PDF format. If you have not installed Adobe Reader or if content on this website is not displaying properly, please download the latest version of Adobe Reader and try again.
Please see the Twitter website for an explanation of the terms of service.
Please see the Facebook website for an explanation of the terms of service.
Please see the YouTube website for an explanation of the terms of service.
This website protects electronic information resources from threats so that it can continue to operate with the trust of users in fulfillment of the social mission of the administrative organization operating it.
- We will take suitable security measures to prevent unauthorized access, leaks, etc., in order to maintain the security and accuracy of electronic information resources.
- The handling of electronic information resources is governed by the Tokyo Fire Department Basic Information Security Policy, laws, ordinances, and other guidelines.
- Processing of electronic information resources entrusted to an outside party will be suitably supervised by the Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center.
- We will maintain and upgrade information security for the sake of ongoing improvement.
No guarantee whatsoever is offered on the completeness or accuracy of the information posted on this website, and the posted information may be changed without prior notice.
We will not bear any liability whatsoever for losses incurred directly or indirectly through the use of the information or content included on this website.
The following actions are prohibited when using this website:
- Actions that interfere with, or constitute an obstacle to, the operation of this website
- Actions that do or could inconvenience, disadvantage or infringe on the privacy rights of other users, third parties or the Tokyo Fire Department
- Actions that do or could violate public order and standard decency
- Actions that violate laws, regulations or ordinances
- Other actions deemed inappropriate by the Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center
Governing law and court of jurisdiction
In the absence of any explicit stipulation to the contrary, the laws of Japan will govern the use of this website and all interpretations/applications of the acceptable use policies described herein. The Tokyo District Court will be the exclusive court of first instance having jurisdiction over all disputes arising in connection with the use of this website.